Frequently Asked Question
Ask The Pros
Click The Question To Expand The Answer:
We’re about to have a large snow storm. Should I be worried about my mesh cover?
Mesh safety covers are designed to handle weight and the water should have been lowered no more than 18” below the deck level at the closing. Assuming it is still at that level, or likely higher with rain prior to now, the top of it should be ice and further support the weight. That all being said, confirm that the water level has not dropped lower for some reason and that all straps are still attached, and you should be fine.
My new Polaris 380 cleaner keeps tangling up in knots and doesn’t clean the pool. What could be wrong with it?
While there are several different possibilities for why it could be tangling, the most common and easiest to fix is that the supply hose from the wall to the Polaris is too long. When a new Polaris is first installed, the three hoses that connect it to the wall need to be cut to specific sizes that culminate in the hose being only as long as the farthest edge of the pool. Try pulling the Polaris while it’s connected and off to the farthest spot in the pool. If you’re able to pull it out of the water and extend it over the deck, it’s too long. Consult your installation manual to see how it is supposed to be cut or give us a call. If that’s not the cause, you likely need a service call to determine the culprit.
No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get any chlorine to test in the water. Help.
This is not a simple answer, I’m afraid. There can be numerous reasons why this has occurred, but definitely a first place to start would be to test all of the chemical levels in the pool, including the pH, Total Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, and Cyanuric Acid. Levels outside of the desired ranges can often cause chlorine to be ineffective or dissipate rapidly. Once you’ve got these test results, we can start looking for obvious issues and start eliminating possible causes. Two other pieces of information that would be helpful are how long you run your pool each day and what temperature you keep the water at. Send us an email with this information and we can hopefully try to figure this out. Or perhaps a visit by your local pool service company may be in order.
Below is a list of some of the more popular pieces of equipment out there and their associated manufacturer websites and product manuals for easy reference. If you have any questions about the products or require a repair, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Cleaner – Polaris380
- Cleaner – Polaris3900
- Controls – Hayward Pro Logic
- Controls – Jandy AquaLink
- Controls – Jandy iAquaLink
- Controls – Pentair EasyTouch
- Filter – Hayward ProGrid DE
- Filter – Hayward Pro Series Sand
- Filter – Hayward SwimClear Cartridge
- Filter – Jandy CL Cartridge
- Filter – Jandy DEV
- Filter – Jandy JS Sand
- Filter – Pentair Clean & Clear Plus
- Filter – Pentair FNS Plus
- Filter – Pentair Tagelus Sand
- Filter – Pentair Triton Sand
- Filter – Sta-Rite System 3 Cartridge
- Heater – Hayward H-Series
- Heater – Jandy JXi
- Heater – Pentair Mastertemp
- Heater – Raypak Digital
- Heater – Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm
- Light – Pentair IntelliBrite
- Light – Jandy Watercolors
- Pump – Hayward Super Pump
- Pump – Hayward TriStar
- Pump – Jandy TruClear
- Pump – Jandy VSPlusHP
- Pump – Jandy FloPro
- Pump – Pentair Challenger
- Pump – Pentair Intelliflo
- Pump – Pentaiir Whisperflo
- Pump – Sta-Rite Dura-Glas
- Sanitizer – Goldline Aqua Rite
- Sanitizer – Jandy AquaPure
- Sanitizer – Pentair IntelliChlor
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Ready To Schedule Service?
If you would like to get on our schedule, fill out the proper link below: